Are you an individual who wants to use a kind of bar for lifting plates even when your body is aching? If yes, then the trap bars which have irregular shapes are what you honestly need.
And, the best trap bar that you can find for maximum conveniences when dead-lifting and also performing light skills exercise is the Hex Bar.
Table of Contents
- Top 8 Hex Bars in 2020 – Reviews and Comparisons:
- 8 Things to Consider about How to Use a Hex Bar:
- Benefits of Using Hex Bar:
- Our Picks of 8 Best Hex Bars Review:
- 1. CAP Custom Olympic 2-Inch Hex Bar – Editor’s Choice
- 2. Synergee 25kg Chrome Olympic Hex Bar – Top 3
- 3. Titan Olympic 2″ Hex Weight Lifting Bar
- 4. XMark Fitness Hex Bar
- 5. Valor Fitness Super Hex Trap Bar – Top 3
- 6. Sunny Health & Fitness Olympic Hex Bar
- 7. Power Systems Olympic Hex Bar
- 8. Merax Foldable Chrome Olympic Hex Bar
- Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Hex Bar?
- Final Verdict
If you’re curious (or in a hurry), Here’s Our Top Picks…
Top 3 Hex Bars in 2020:
- CAP Custom Olympic 2-Inch Hex Bar
- Synergee 25kg Chrome Olympic Hex Bar
- Valor Fitness Super Hex Trap Bar
The folks at Amazon also have their own list of best Hex Bars below – many are on sale.
Today’s Best Seller Strength Training Bars List:
Thursday, May 21st 2020
But come to think of it, what are hex bars all about? Of course, hex bars are hexagonally constructed space at the center with optional handles on both sides for the easy lifting of the bar.
Furthermore, the exhilarating features of this bar make it usable by all kinds of customers. In fact, it’s now proven that this helps in the production of strength than most other kinds of bars.
This kind of exercise equipment is unique. It helps buyers to cognitively use it, for example, the size of sleeves rightly determines the size of the holes that the fixable plates ought to possess and it’s rackable.
Furthermore, gymnasts don’t have to bend so much before they would be able to uplift the bar, it’s just great to make use of. Just like barbells, hex bars can be used for powerlifting, weightlifting, and so on. But the absolute difference between them is that hex bars are easier to lift than barbells.
Apart from the fact that it can be used with fewer hassles, the design also is magnificent. That is, this kind of bar (hex bars) is designed to suit different users as it’s designed for both genders and users of different strength capacity utilizing the full quadriceps.
Although there are some differences in some of the features that distinguish each of the varieties, yet they have the same ways of using them. Therefore, let’s check out the methods of using hex bars.
CLICK ON ANY IMAGE IN THE TABLE TO LEARN MORE
Top 8 Hex Bars in 2020 – Reviews and Comparisons:
CAP Custom Olympic 2-Inch Hex Bar – Editor’s Choice
|Brand: CAP Barbell|
Weight Capacity: 750 pound
Dimensions: 56″ L x 24″ W x 4″ H
Weight: 52 pounds
Model number: OB-88HZ
Weight Capacity: 750 pound
Dimensions: 56.3″ L x 22.3″ W x 5.8″ H
Weight: 54 pounds
|Brand: Titan Distributors Inc.|
Weight Capacity: 500 pound
Weight: 44 pounds
|Brand: XMark Fitness|
Weight Capacity: 400 pound
Dimensions: 55.8″ L x 27″ W x 5″ H
Weight: 56 pounds
Model number: XM-3686
Valor Fitness Super Hex Trap Bar – Top 3
|Brand: Valor Fitness|
Weight Capacity: 500 pound
Dimensions: 64.5″ L x 30″ W x 12″ H
Weight: 56 pounds
Model number: OB-HEX, OB-HXP
|Brand: Sunny Health & Fitness|
Weight Capacity: 750 pound
Dimensions: 56″ L x 23″ W x 6″ H
Weight: 51.4 pounds
Model number: OB-HEX
|Brand: Sunny Health & Fitness|
Dimensions: 56.25″ L x 23″ W x 21″ H with 9-Inch Sleeve
Weight: 54 pounds
Model number: 61858
Weight Capacity: 800 pound
Dimensions: 56″ L x 19.5″ W x 5.1″ H
Weight: 50 pounds
Model number: VD-36359SP
8 Things to Consider about How to Use a Hex Bar:
- This is one of the fundamental skills that anyone tends to understand, at least before proceeding.
- Enter into the middle of the hex bar and make sure that each of your hands is tangential to the handles.
- The range of motion occurs in the hinge and not the back. In other words, make the hinge your primary focus.
- Ensure that your knees are bent a bit, and your chest is in an oblique direction to the ground.
- Then grasp the handle with both hands.
- Lift the bar gradually, and raise it to the upper lock of your heels. Note that the range of motion only occurs at the hinge.
2. Bend-Over Row
- Having known how to deadlift, you might want to change to another style.
- All you have to do is to enter into the middle of the hex bar, just as you did in the first place.
- Now, bend your spine into an angle of 45 degrees with your elbows locked out and your head positioned straight.
- Ensure that your feet are sturdy to the ground.
- Deadlift it and raise it to the middle of your thigh while your back is still bent at the same angle.
- One thing that you’ll find out is that the higher you lift the bar, the more your elbows lockout.
This is one of the skills that can easily be done once the deadlift and bend-over-row skills are perfect. In other words, the shrugging of bars is very easy. While doing this, the arms have to be straightened and the shoulders have to be at their utmost level.
And the individual that’s participating in this activity has to stand upright, as there is a need to bend neither the spine nor the knees.
4. Power Pull
Hex bars are designed in such a way that it has both handles and sleeves on either side. The handles succor you to be in full control of the bar why the sleeves make the bar rackable. In other words, you can rack the hex bar and easily use it to carry out the callisthenic skills.
What you’re to do is to position the sleeves at your favorite rack level. Then grip the most convenient-to-use handle to dip, pull up, and you can raise it to a height that’s far above your height and use it to swing. Of course, with this equipment, you can learn how to swing.
5. Overhead Squat
- Now that you’ve come to understand how to pull up; of course, this is what you need to squat with the hex bar.
- Pull up the hex bar above your head and your hand a few inches above your shoulders gripping the handle of the hex bar.
- Bend your hip below your knees while the bar in your hands is lifted up above your shoulders.
- Ensure that your spine is not bending toward any angle while your hips are still below your knees (make sure that you are not completely squatting).
- Gradually move your hips above your knees and your hands still holding the bar.
- Please note that the range of motion between squat and deadlift is that the focus is on the knees squat while the focus is on the hips for a deadlift.
If you want to do this, it is better you get a rack, especially when the sleeves are loaded. What can only sustain you is your shoulders’ mobility. Remember that there is the overhead press and push press.
Push pressing requires that you lift the bar at the front of your neck, just parallel to your shoulders. Overhead pressing, on the other hand, demands that you lift the bar above your head. The nice thing about this is that you can always choose between the two.
7. Farmer’s Walks
Skills can flawlessly be done using a hex bar. In fact, it’s even more convenient for pulling the prowler. Ordinarily, utilizing other kinds of bars can cause you a great sense of need for oxygen because it demands a high rate of metabolism. With the optional handles facing different directions, you’d definitely consume not much strength.
- Choose the plates that are easy to lift if you plan to raise it from the floor above your head.
- However, you can use a rack that has the same hole-size with the diameter of the sleeves.
- Also, you can raise it up by inculcating each skill that you’ve learned.
- Ensure that your main goal is that you stand firm and your hands separated. In other words, let the posture of your body be of “Y” shape while the bar is raised far above your head.
Benefits of Using Hex Bar:
1. Optional Handles
The handles of hex bars are designed in such a way that it can easily be gripped when pulling up and when pulling down. In other words, the fact that users can find them both in horizontal and vertical shapes makes it highly admirable, as users can easily switch to the most convenient handles.
Some use two optional handles that are parallel to each other. That is, there are two handles on aside, and the two handles are parallel to the two other handles on the other side.
What we mean by this is that they are easy to lug around. The tensile strength of most products is not in hundreds of pounds. In spite of this, they still have a good amount of yield strength.
3. Ample Space
You’ll always find space at the center of every hex bar. Of course, the welded metal is constructed in a hexagonal shape, and it is right at the wall that you’ll find the welded handles. In a nutshell, anyone can use the space for the comfortable gripping of the handles.
4. Easy Identification
It is very easy to differentiate between the ones that are recommended for males from those that are recommended for females. The easiest way to do this is by checking for the knurling at the center of the handles. Those that are male have knurling why those that are for females don’t have knurling. Other features that buyers can use in determining if a product is for them or not is the tensile strength, yield strength, thickness of both the sleeves and the handle, and so on.
5. Easy to Use
This can easily be used by anyone if only the appropriate product is bought. The gripping is super convenient and the lifting is undoubtedly awesome.
The bar is highly dependable, how? With the use of hex bars, you can easily store 5 to 6 plates on the sleeves. In fact, some products provide clips with their bars to enhance the comfortable use of the product. It can be used for Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, and so on.
This equipment is safe to use. In other words, users rarely get injured while they’re using this bar. Of course, the weight may at times be worrisome but it’s easier to lift, you to know! The easiest way to know that the bar is heavy is that you’d not be able to move your body at will.
If you are an individual who is delighted in utilizing exercise equipment for practicing skills, then this product is not bad for you to use. Of course, because it’s rackable, it can simply be used for all practicing most skills.
Our Picks of 8 Best Hex Bars Review:
1. CAP Custom Olympic 2-Inch Hex Bar – Editor’s Choice
Are you in need of a combo hex bar that is less than $100? If that’s you, then check out the features of this amazing product. This is what you need to suspend the pains from your spine by transmitting the supportive strength to the glutes and hammies of your body while deadlifting.
In fact with this bar, users can opine which of the handle is most convenient, the erected handle that gaps the other handle with 2 inches which are on the same spot. Of course, this is a trap bar that is constructed for individual and commercial use. It’s distinctly made of zinc-plated steel.
That is, you might find some of its part shredding off if it’s not kept in a humid environment. However, you shouldn’t be bothered about this, as it’s coated by one of the American foremost leading company known as Accu-coat for long-term use.
Not only that, but this also has a weight capacity of 750lbs and it can comfortably be used for two plates. Please note that those with fat hands can use this.
- It weighs 3.2 ounces and it is 23.5 inches long from the middle of the hex bar.
- This trap bar is lightweight and comfortable to use.
- This can be used to perform deadlift and shrug skills only.
- The thickness of the handle is 1” and the interior where users stay is ample large.
- It doesn’t come in a box but it’s wrapped.
2. Synergee 25kg Chrome Olympic Hex Bar – Top 3
Resuscitate your interest in the daily participation of exercise by using a trap bar. This ensures that your back and your hamstring are pain-free by providing you with an easy-to-lift design. Of course, gymnasts use this often for plates that their holes measurement is 2”.
And guess what? It as a weight capacity of 750lbs. That means you can comfortably use 4 plates, two each passing through the shaft of the bar. If you’re one who likes to use resplendent equipment then this has got your back as it’s coated with glittering chrome.
Furthermore, the handle is 1” thick and the distance between one handle to another is just 23”. In other words, it can be used by anyone of different sizes. Still, on the subject, there are two types of handles that users can opt from, horizontally and vertically jigged on the same spot at each of the sides.
Why the shafts, on the other hand, at both sides are 10 inches far from each of the handles closer to them. Definitely, with the use of these features, you can be sure of long-term use.
- The dimension of this product is 22 x 57 x 6 inches and it weighs 54 pounds.
- The hex bar weighs 25kg with a weight capacity of 750lbs and 10 inches sleeves.
- This has knurl on its handles just like any other hex bar.
- The purchase of this product is backed by a warranty.
- It has a nice (attractive) design.
Are you an individual who has plates in which each of their holes is 2” such as the Olympic 2” plates, and you’re currently in the market in search of bars with great reviews? Then, here is a product that can be your gem. With a product that has over 83% positive reviews on Amazon and fascinating design to keep enthusiasts spellbound.
Of course, you’re left with no option but to opt for it. But that’s if you sincerely want a durable hex bar to use. Furthermore, the specification of this product is that it can flawlessly be used by users that are 5”-6.3” tall.
The weight capacity of this product is 500lb and it has a weight of 44lb. Inclusive, The handles are gapped from each other just by a distance of 24.5”. And the shaft has a sleeve length of about 9.5 inches.
- This product comes with clips for closure and it’s delivered in a box.
- The knurl of this product is rough as it should and this makes it nice to handle.
- The bar is coated with chrome.
- The purchase of this product is easy on Amazon.
- With intriguing design and a total length of 56”, you can be sure of enjoyable use.
For those that need a hex bar that has 500lb weight capacity and perfect for 45lb plate size, this product is the best. The handle which is 28mm long is highly easy to grip. Apart from the fact that the knurl on the handle makes it easy to grip, the distance between one handle to another is 23.25” and the welding is exquisitely smoothened.
Of course, with the use of this bar, you won’t find it difficult to pull up bars that are weighty. It’s so designed to comfortably meet the need of users. Although it doesn’t come with clips, yet its sleeve length measures 9.2” at the ambiance.
The total length, on the other hand, has a length of 55.8 inches. In other words, you can fix up to 5-6 plates on both sides of the shafts. Please note that standard plates of 1” diameter can’t be used for this. However, except for this, it’s a hex bar that any individual of average height can utilize.
- The dimension of this product is 5 x 27 x 55.8 inches and it weighs 58 pounds.
- It uses two parallel handles for easy-pick-up.
- The construction that this is made of and chrome finishes make it shining and not vulnerable to rust.
- This causes a reflex of muscles during its use.
- This is reliable and very easy to use.
5. Valor Fitness Super Hex Trap Bar – Top 3
Which one between the Olympic plate and standard plate do you prefer using? I guess both! If yes, then here is a hex trap bar that comes with adapters which aid in making the use of the both easy. Not only that, but it also comes with three rotating handles of different sizes which are parallel to each other.
In other words, it can be used by anyone irrespective of the size of their hands. The design is so captivating that the beneath of the bar is rubberized to ensure that it’s a bit raised above the ground.
Not only that, the sleeves, where plates are stored, on each side are raised some distance above the handle in a slant form. This helps to prevent the skin from being scratched by the steel. Of course, the ample space has the capacity to contain anyone no matter the width of such an individual.
- The product has a dimension of 67 x 31 x 11 inches and it weighs 59 pounds.
- It needs to be assembled before it can be used. And it comes with full packages that can easily be used to assemble it.
- This product can be used for standard plates if the Olympic sleeve is removed.
- Users can easily use them to carry out all kinds of related skills.
- The rubbers found beneath protects the equipment from laying directly to the ground.
Enjoy a good time while exercising with this hex bar that has diamond knurl on the handles on both sides. No slippery! No Skidding! You can firmly grip either of the 2 optional handles with variable angular directions.
Probably you’re admirably tall and you sincerely need a product with handles with ample space your hand can penetrate, then opt for this that is 6 inches from the base. And the distance from one side to another side in the hexagonal space is 22.2 inches.
In other words, obesity can now workout with the use of this product. And guess what? It’s just the perfect match for Olympic plates. The sleeves are 25mm thick and they are 9.5 inches long from the handle. Of course, this is one of the few products without bad remarks.
- The dimension of this product is 56 x 23 x 6 inches and it weighs 51.6.
- It’s coated with chrome for complete resplendency.
- This product ensures that there is no skidding as it possesses diamond knurling.
- It can be used to carry out callisthenic skills.
- Highly dependable.
Looking for an Olympic hex bar that has great reviews on deadlifts, power pulls, shrugs and squats then we’ve got your back on this. Take a look at this 56.5” long hex bar. It’s got 2 optional handles that ensure that your spine does not ache and neither do you have to bend before you can lift the bar.
The clearance between the handles is just 23 inches. In fact, the sleeves have the capacity to contain up to 5 bumper plates. And guess what?
This has knurl on the handles. In other words, it can be used personally and for commercial purposes. Of course, you can’t believe it that this amazing product is flawlessly coated with zinc and the size of the handles’ thickness is 1”. That means, grasping this undoubtedly is exquisite and easy.
- The dimension of this product is 56.25” x 23” x 21″ and it weighs 56 pounds.
- The sleeve has a length of 9 inches and it’s very easy to use.
- It uses 2 handles which are 3” high above the horizontal “frame” of the bar
- Users can utilize this to shrug, deadlift, power pulls, and squats.
- It can be used perfectly for Olympic plates.
Do you own a gym station? Perhaps you look forward to being versatile, I mean always on the run on trying to lift heavier weights. Then, you can do this easily with this hex bar that has a weight capacity of 800lbs. Of course, this hex bar is crafted with steel and it’s finished with chrome for its splendor looks.
Not only that, but this has also knurl crafted at the center of the handle for the comfortable gripping of the bar. In fact, you can fill the sleeve space with ample plates.
This is one of the best hexagonal bars that perfectly suits the Olympic plates of hole-size of 2”. Of course, it can be used to carry out deadlift, power pulls, squat, and shrug skill flawlessly. Furthermore, the total distance of the length of this product is 56” and it uses dual handles for the awesome and comfortable use of the hex bar.
- The shaft diameter and a sleeve length are 25mm and 10.2” respectively.
- The metal used in the construction of the hex bar is steel and it as chrome finishes.
- The only content that comes in the delivery is the Olympic hex bar only.
- It can be used by almost everybody.
- It’s highly reliable and has inviting looks.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Hex Bar?
1. Get All that You Need to Know
Don’t be naïve base information that states that hex bars are lightweight and they don’t have effects on bones, muscles, and ligament. Of course, hex bars don’t cause pains to the spine as most other bars do.
But if it’s racked with the aim of using it for squatting, powerlifting, and pressing, then you can be assured that there is a high tendency that the upper part of your spine can face the consequences. In a nutshell, what makes hex bar unique is that not all the part of your body is involved during exercise, unlike barbells.
2. How to Purchase
- Just as we explained at the initial, knurling on handles indicates that the bar is for men and its absence indicates that the product is for females.
- Hex bars with the product description of 25kg do have knurling in the middle section of their handles (for heavyweights), the 20kg is mostly used by females why the 15kg by youths or starters.
- Understand that the yield strength capacity is the amount of stress that the hex bar can withstand and it won’t bend. The tensile strength, on the other hand, is the amount of force that plates can exert which can lead to the total deformation of the hex bar. In other words, the weight capacity is the tensile strength of why the weight of the hex bar is known as the normal weight of the hex bar.
- The length of the sleeves determines the number of plates you can use on each side of the sleeves.
- The diameter of the sleeve, on the other hand, is mostly used by customers to choose the most suitable plate size.
- The number of optional handles predetermines the flexible use of the bar.
- Best Hex Bars Review
3. Make your Budget
There are several products on the market with intriguing features but with different price tags. So, how can you purchase the best? That’s simple, it’s by considering chrome coating or zinc coating, two or three handles and big size or large size.
Of course, these are the basic factors that determine the cost. So, build your budget around these features and search online for the best product.
- After you had chosen the product that fits your budget.
- You can make an order on Amazon or contact the manufacturers.
- Wait for the delivery.
5. Enjoy the Use
- Once it’s delivered make an evaluation of the product and check whether there are no damages whatsoever.
- If there is none, then you can always appreciate your supplier. But if in case there is any, report it to your supplier.
- Once you’re satisfied with the transaction. You can enjoy the use of the bar.
The ultimate goal of this review has been established by making it be understood that hex bars can be used for weightlifting, powerlifting, and Olympic weightlifting. This best hex bar review ensures that the write-up is easy to understand and that hex bars can be used as other bars are used.
And it provides conveniences at the maximal measure and also produces the isometric contraction of the muscles. Of course, we hope that our amiable reader will improve their health and routine activities by using this equipment either as a piece of the supportive or main equipment for exercising.